National Retail Sales Director
Leveraging our exclusive, global license to the Motorola brand, Minim is on a mission to make every connected home and small office wifi safe and supportive for everyone. Our industry leading cable modems, gateways, mesh WiFi and other electronics are sold in leading retailers such as Best Buy, Walmart, Target, and Microcenter, as well as through distributors.
Reporting to SVP Revenue, the National Retail Sales Director’s responsibility is to consistently generate profitable sales growth, commensurate with the potential of the market, by analyzing relevant data, developing and executing on action plans to maximize opportunities, properly allocate resources and ensuring the right talent is in place to drive and grow the business. The National Retail Sales Director will drive and direct sales efforts and participate in strategic planning and goal setting to achieve maximum business results. The National Retail Sales Director will oversee and maintain excellent working relationships and be an independent leader that is capable of creatively growing revenue for the company while relentlessly upholding its values.
A core value at Minim is diversity through vigilance. Team diversity makes us stronger, granting us varied perspectives to solve problems and empathize with our customers. We strive to create an inclusive culture and welcome you to join us.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Sales/Account Management
- Achieve revenue targets and OKRs
- Effectively track, analyze and manage retailer inventory
- Directly, and in collaboration with with team, ensure high levels of engagement with retailers and distributors
- Planning & Budgeting
- Partner with SVP, Revenue to develop annual budgets and quarterly forecasts
- Collect analyze data to deliver competitive insights on retail accounts to internal stakeholders
- Develop agendas and presentations for quarterly joint business planning meetings
- Support weekly forecasting for shipments and orders
- Collaborate with SVP, Revenue and relevant company stakeholders to develop 3-year plans for Minim and plan for expansion with new US, Mexican and Canadian consumer electronics retailers
- Marketing & Promotions
- Partner with marketing teams to plan, develop and deploy in-store visual merchandising to maximize sell-through of Minim’s products
- Influence digital advertising strategy strategic partners (sponsored ads, display, media) to align with sales objectives
- Supply planning and inventory management
- Independently and in collaboration with others, develop forecasts and plan buys to minimize out of stocks and maximize turns
- Participate in regular reviews of fill rate and inventory planning with our operations / supply planning team
- Collaborate with operations to ensure compliance with customer standards for product shipments and returns
- Training and sell through
- Support strategy for store associate trainings (digital and in-person) together with Learning & Development team and third-party agencies
- Organize market visits
- Partner with Head of Performance Marketing and relevant stakeholders to execute sell-through events
- Team management
- Manage, inspire and develop retail sales team and partners
- Other duties as required
- Bachelor’s degree. Eight years of relevant progressive professional experience in lieu of a degree may be considered.
- Minimum eight years experience in sales, account management, or related discipline required.
- Experience in the consumer electronics industry trends or demonstrable knowledge of trends in the same
- BONUS: Experience selling into Walmart, Target, Best Buy, Home Depot, Lowe’s Staples, Office Depot or BJ’s
- BONUS: Experience with Netsuite
- Competitive comp plan
- Full benefits package
- Remote work culture
- Unlimited PTO
- High career advancement potential
Minim values the talents, passion and creativity of all candidates and employees to help us build and grow a stronger, more creative and resilient company. Minim provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.