Antenna Module Design Engineer
Are you the new Antenna Module Design Engineer at Sivers?
Sivers Wireless, a subsidiary to Sivers Semiconductors, develops, manufactures, and sells chips, antenna modules, and subsystems based on advanced technology for 5G millimeter-wave networks. Our cutting-edge technology products enable our customers to offer faster and more reliable connections. We have completed our first generation of mmWave RFICs, supporting frequency bands from 24 GHz to 71 GHz and we are now starting the development of our next generation products. Our product offering, besides the RFICs, is our cutting-edge technology antenna modules with mmWave arrays for beamforming for the WiGig and 5G NR markets.
Sivers Wireless is looking for an experienced antenna and HW design engineer to join our RF Design engineering team. Your responsibility will be to realize the antenna module, from quotation to mass production.
Tasks and responsibilities:
• Bring antenna module designs from specification and schematic to mass production, in close cooperation with our experienced team of mmWave RFIC and RF design engineers.
• Integrate the RFIC and the antenna module for best performance and reliability.
• Evaluate different HW concepts from performance and cost aspects.
• Validate the antenna performance, generate, and optimize beam steering in our anechoic chambers.
• Ensure HW quality and reliability thru analysis and accelerated life testing.
• Define and manage production test concepts together with our suppliers.
• Work with our customers to integrate our antenna modules in their systems.
The antenna modules are mmWave beamforming antennas, with both patch- and 3D-solutions, frequencies from 24 GHz to 70 GHz. You will work with a group of 5+ experienced RF Design Engineers located in Gothenburg and Kista. We have well equipped labs in the same offices. You may be stationed in either office.
Required qualifications and experiences:
We are looking for experienced and innovative engineers with a genuine interest in antenna and HW design to be applied in our world-class mmWave transceiver antenna modules. We expect you to have 5 years or more of relevant industry experience.
• Knowledge and experience of design and manufacture of HF RF substrates.
• Experience of design of antenna modules brought to mass production, including production test deployment.
• A theoretical foundation in antenna design.
• MSc in Electrical Engineering or relevant field.
We value experience in any of the following areas:
• Antenna design, beamforming arrays at mmWave frequencies using HFSS, ADS, and/or CST simulation tools.
• Antenna measurements of above products.
• PCB design, mmWave layout.
• Cooperation with PCB and antenna HW manufacturers.
• Wireless systems fundamentals, e.g., Wi-Fi, WiGig, 3GPP.
An exciting and challenging position where you get the chance to work with cutting-edge technology and state-of-the-art mmWave instruments. Together with skilled colleagues you will develop world-class antenna modules for wireless communication. We are expanding our design and validation capability to meet the demand of our products in the mmWave area. Since Sivers develops both the RFICs and the antenna modules, we have a unique position to optimise the total wireless system performance.