CI/CD DevOps Engineer
Are you an experienced DevOps Engineer? Would you like to help build the next generation Wi-Fi chips that will enable a new generation of Internet of Things (IoT) devices? Then join Australia’s fastest growing semiconductor startup. You’ll work with the team that invented Wi-Fi 20 years ago, and help them shape the future of Wi-Fi for IoT.
As a CI/CD DevOps Engineer for Morse Micro, you will work closely with all the relevant stakeholders, including the Software, Applications, SVT and other teams to maintain and further develop our CI/CD system, which currently runs on the Jenkins platform.
Starting date for this role would be ASAP.
- Maintaining our current Jenkins instance for day-to-day operations, including monitoring of the server load, capacity and disk usage
- Expansion of the existing system including provisioning of a new CI/CD server and backup system for redundancy
- Development of new features to support he Morse Micro CI/CD methodology
- Recommending and implementing efficiency improvements in our CI/CD workflow, in order to increase Engineering output and reduce downtime due to unforeseen circumstances.
Essential skills/experience (you must have):
- BSc in Electrical / Electronics / Communication Engineering or Computer Science
- Excellent knowledge of Python3
- At least 3 years’ experience in maintaining Jenkins or similar CI/CD system
- Good understanding of the Groovy language and its application to Jenkins
- Good understanding and experience with git and Bitbucket or other VCS
- Experience building software from source, including packaged systems such as Buildroot
- Understanding of different software workflows and methodologies
- Ability to work across a variety of teams effectively and efficiently
- Excellent English communication skills, both written and spoken
- Be hands-on and willing to go the extra mile to help your colleagues and improve the efficiency of our workflows
Additional preferred skills/experience (key skills that you should have 70% of):
- Experience with Bitbucket Pipelines and remote runners
- Experience with Pytest testing framework
- Experience with Docker
- Experience deploying software to hundreds/thousands of devices
- Experience with databases such as MySQL/MariaDB or MongoDB and manipulating their data with Python
- Experience configuring SSO authentication systems
Who we are:
Morse Micro is Australia’s largest semiconductor company building Wi-Fi HaLow (802.11ah) chips for the Internet of Things (IoT). We are a team of wireless experts that love to work hard, innovate & invent. Together, we are building the world’s lowest power Wi-Fi technology that will enable billions of IoT devices to connect securely to the internet. We are a global team with offices in Sydney & Picton (Australia), Irvine & Boston (USA), Bangalore (India), Cambridge (UK) and Hangzhou (China).
Check out what it is like to work for us:
What we offer:
- Competitive salary + excellent stock option package
- Healthy work environment with sit/stand desks and large screens
- Office perks such as stocked drinks fridge, snack bar and barista coffee
- Newly fitted-out offices, with a relaxed, friendly work environment
How to apply:
If you are interested in building the first 802.11ah chipset together with the inventors of Wi-Fi, then send us your resume and application letter and tell us why you should become Morse Micro’s CI/CD DevOps Engineer.