Field Applications Engineer North America
What we offer:
With numerous design wins in the North America market and with an aggressive business plan addressing current and future demands of 5G products, the company is now adding a Field Applications Engineer in North America to drive and support our partner and customers base in North America.
We offer an exciting and challenging position in an international, dynamic and growing company with long experience and cutting-edge technology. The right candidate will be instrumental to the future success of our business and we expect you to be a world class contributor to a world class team.
You will be supporting Sivers Wireless activities in North America, working with our partners like Renesas (former IDT) and NXP and customers ranging from established OEM customers to start-ups offering the latest cutting-edge products that use Sivers Wireless RFICs and modules. You are entering the company in a very exciting phase, where our customers are launching their products based on our first generation of mmWave RFICs and modules. At the same time, you will contribute to the growth by active engagements with potential customers as well as support existing and new customers’ development of next generation products.
The Field Applications Engineer will report to the VP Sales & Marketing of Sivers Wireless and work closely together with VP Business Development USA in driving the business in North America.
With 5G just being in its initial phase, gives you a great opportunity to be part of long-lasting growth journey.
Tasks and responsibilities:
• Local North America sales support and technical first line support to local customers and partners.
• Develop a technical understanding for customers’ needs and challenges and propose suitable technical solutions to customers.
• Technical support to business development/ sales personnel, resellers and partners within the eco-system
• Act as bridge between the technical and the commercial side of the organization
• Feedback requirements on the Sivers products from the market and its customers to Product Management, CTO and R&D.
• Develop and execute product demonstration set-ups to show and demonstrate the benefits of Sivers products and technologies.
• Categorize and manage technical questions from customers in cooperation with peers and colleagues.
• Develop and maintain technical presentations, value argumentation material and sales supporting documents like white papers, application notes and data sheets.
• Assist in local customer product validation activities
The main task can be summarized as to support the North American sales with technical skills with focus on profitable growth. This includes customer engagements as well as promotion and product introduction activities to applicable customers. The role as Field Application Engineer is a unique blend of technical and market related activities towards the North America marketplace, where the combination of knowledge, experience, positive mental attitude, and social skill will be key.
Required qualifications and experiences:
At least 5 years of industry experience in semiconductor and/or telecom
You have extensive business development and Sales background in several of the following areas:
• Strong “selling” personality and very strong and documented technical RF/RFIC knowledge with a focus in millimeter wave technology.
• Strong technical knowledge and understanding of data and telecom networks on system level. The capability of putting high frequency RF components into a greater context will be key.
• Experience from 4G/5G and/or 802.11 system (preferably 802.11ad/ay (WiGig) systems and or 5GNR mmWave)
• Experience in converting market and customer requirements into product specifications
• Strong writing and communication skills in English
• Strong presentation skills with a proven capability to convey complex technical messages in an easy to understand way
• Great interest in new technologies with a drive to learn more.
• University degree in the right area preferably with electrical engineering or computer science
• Target oriented mindset with positive and winning mentality and a team player