Sales and Operations Engineer
What this position is all about:
WiConnect is a growing global company, bringing revolutionary innovation to maximize advertising revenue and improve customer experience in Wi-Fi and broadband networks. We are looking for a North America-based Sales and Operations Engineer to help us monitor, maintain, operate, integrate and customize our UX and advertising revenue platforms. This is a work-from- home position, with occasional travel.
As our Sales and Operations Engineer, you would need to have an intimate understanding of our services and how they operate. Armed with this knowledge, you will work with the team to ensure our systems are always operating at peak performance. You will research various tools, reports, and log outputs to improve and implement new monitoring systems to alert us to issues, ideally before anyone else notices. You will also be called upon to react to system issues when they occur, and/or to assist in the triage and troubleshooting of network or customer issues as they arise.
You will also support our various sales efforts by working directly with customers on integrations and assisting account and project implementation calls with customers. You will also be called upon to assist in the preparation of sales tools, demos, and proofs of concept. You will be crucial in managing the integration process while onboarding new customers. Working closely with the Development team, your ideas and insights will offer a critical perspective in bug fixes and the development of new features.
What background you have:
• At least 3 years of work experience as a DevOps Engineer or similar software engineering role.
• Experience with operations process and procedures.
• Supported sales with technical experience and are comfortable communicating with customers directly in verbal and written forms.
• Strong knowledge of one or more high-level programming languages (preferably Python, Golang).
• Understanding of Agile principles.
• Experience with SDLC tools (version control, CI/CD, test automation) (preferably Gitlab).
• Experience with public clouds (AWS, GCP, Azure).
• Good experience with Linux operating system and shell scripting.
• Understanding of networking concepts (TCP/IP, VLAN, DNS, HTTP, Websocket).
• Experience with databases PostgreSQL, Clickhouse, Couchbase etc.
• Experience with Docker and Kubernetes(k8s) – Experience with monitoring systems (Prometheus or similar).
• Ability to troubleshoot production environments.
• Experience in the following fields would be an advantage:
• Experience in digital advertising or DOOH, telecommunications, or SAAS;
• Support of products in international markets;
• Knowledge of other foreign languages (Russian, Portuguese, etc.); and,
• Project management.
Who you are:
• Aspiring leader who can educate themselves and others, drive results, and maintain high standards.
• Willing to learn and research information where spoon feeding is not required.
• Natural strategic planner and problem-solver who contributes to a collaborative work environment that encourages accountability and innovation.
• Self-driven and motivated that is comfortable working remotely.
• Adaptable to change and consistently able to deliver exceptional results with limited guidance.
• Effective communicator with an ability to speak, write and actively listen and can build strong internal and external relationships.
• Good time-management and project management, prioritization, and multitasking skills and abilities.
• Able to give and receive feedback and constructive criticism from a variety of channels.
• Methodical about analyzing processes and systems to fully understand their functions.
• Proactive research skills used in seeking out opportunities to advance and improve the organization.
• Comfortable in a high-pressure environment.
You also have:
• College degree or equivalent
• Thorough knowledge of the Microsoft Office tools (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
• Experience with collaborative tools such as ClickUP, Slack, Telegram are preferred
• Project Management Training and certification is preferred.
• Familiarity with Operations support platforms such as Grafana.
• Training on reporting, data analysis, spreadsheets, and presentation software.
• A location within the continental United States. Preferably on the East coast close to an international airport.
As the Sales and Operations Engineer, you will:
• Understanding the functionality of WiConnect’s unique Wi-Fi onboarding system
• Implement integrations tailored to customer networks and needs
• Provide Level 2 technical support
• Contribute to the development and deployment of new builds
• Oversee and hone post-deployment monitoring, to catch anomalies before they become problems
• Identify production issues and help improve development processes to prevent problems before they enter production
• Create proofs-of-concept, product builds for customer demonstrations.
• Participate in testing of new product builds.
• Research improvements, efficiencies and new features.
• Implement creative solutions that advance our products and improve our operations.
• Manage the change process.
Your life and career at WiConnect:
• Be a part of a technical cutting edge innovative team with expertise in both networking and adtech.
• You will work mostly remotely at home with some travel.
• You will be supported within an environment where each person is valued and treated as a part owner.
• You will be part of a globally diverse team.