Senior Digital Hardware Designer
This position will be responsible for designing high-speed digital boards that combine high-speed baseband modem, networking functionality, and power conditioning functionality. The board interfaces with RF and phased array antenna transceiver boards in a millimeter-wave radio package that combines, RF, modem and networking functionality. The board needs to be designed for large-scale manufacturing at low cost. The candidate for this position should be a senior designer of high-speed digital circuitry and should have a track record of successfully designing for manufacturing.
You will be joining a world-class team of hardware, RF, antenna and software designers in an exciting new early-stage startup that is creating a new category of millimeter-wave products that will enable the all-wireless enterprise of the future. You will have significant leeway in your design project and will be able to make a huge impact on the company, business and market. We are looking for a proactive self-starter who is passionate about developing great product designs and about the space we are in.
The position is located in the SF Bay area and carries with it a very competitive salary, benefits and equity package in an early-stage startup, for the right candidate.
Required Qualifications and Skills:
• BSEE or equivalent experience
• Designer of high-volume PCBs including component selection
• Schematic development using Orcad Schematic Capture or similar tool
• Understanding of PCB Layout process
• PCB debug and FCC testing
• Good communications and presentation skills
• Ability to interface with software and mechanical engineering
Additional Desirable Skills:
• C/C++ coding skills is a plus
• Verilog coding skills is a plus
• Experience with scripting languages like Python is a plus
• Knowledge of DSP and modem architectures is a plus