Senior Software Engineer – OpenWrt
Are you an experienced Software Engineer? Are you passionate about networking? Would you like to help build the next generation of Wi-Fi products that will enable a new generation of Internet of Things (IoT)? Then join Morse Micro, Australia’s fastest growing semiconductor startup that is shaping the future of Wi-Fi technology for the Internet of Things. At Morse Micro you will be working with some of the best and brightest engineers, including some that helped invent the original Wi-Fi technology that is ubiquitous today.
In this role, you will be part of the applications team, with the opportunity to work across diverse areas of technology and levels of abstraction, all with the goal of enabling new products to enter the market.
The role is available at multiple levels, commensurate with experience.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- OpenWrt software development
- RISC-V based software development
- Applications development that showcase and demonstrate the benefits of 802.11.ah
- Development of software tools, SDKs, demos & documentation that streamline the creation of new products that utilise 802.11.ah.
- Collaborate with internal and external customers to deliver robust solutions to technical problems
- Providing feedback back upstream in development to ensure the high quality of Morse Micro products.
Required skills and experience:
- Experience building OpenWrt or similar Linux-based networking devices.
- In-depth knowledge of Embedded C
- Experience with system profiling and performance analysis
- Ability to debug issues using Wireshark
- Understand general software development flow and process
- Understand the OSI model and have experience with ethernet routing, forwarding and bridging
- Understand the Linux development environment and shell scripting
- Understand Wi-Fi networking and theory of operation
- Understand TDD and its practical application
- Excellent verbal and written communication, with ability to articulate design decisions/progress
- Must be comfortable with interacting with customers in person and via conference calls
Additional Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Working knowledge of Python scripting
- Experience with FreeRTOS or similar RTOS for embedded systems
- Understand hardware concepts such as GPIO, SPI, SDIO, I2C
- Front End knowledge/experience (e.g. React, Angular)
- Cloud infrastructure and integration experience (AWS, Lambda, RDS, REST)
- Experience using a spectrum analyzer
Who we are:
Morse Micro is Australia’s largest semiconductor company building Wi-Fi HaLow (802.11ah) chips for the Internet of Things (IoT). We are a team of wireless experts that love to work hard, innovate & invent. Together, we are building the world’s lowest power Wi-Fi technology that will enable billions of IoT devices to connect securely to the internet. We are a global team with offices in Sydney & Picton (Australia), Irvine & Boston (USA), Bangalore (India), Cambridge (UK) and Hangzhou (China).
Check out what it is like to work for us:
What we offer:
- Competitive salary + excellent stock option package
- Potential to sponsor a work visa for the right candidate
- Healthy work environment with sit/stand desks and large screens
- Office perks such as stocked drinks fridge, snack bar and barista coffee
- Newly fitted-out offices, with a relaxed, friendly work environment
How to apply:
If you are interested in building the first 802.11ah chipset together with the inventors of Wi-Fi, then send us your resume and application letter and tell us why you should become Morse Micro’s Senior Software Engineer – OpenWrt.