Technical Product Manager
You are an experienced Technical Product Manager, passionate about building and delivering innovative solutions, translating business goals into detailed technical requirements for development stakeholders. You are looking to join a team of people that works together, solves tough problems, challenges each other and trusts each other. You have the ability to see and communicate the outcome of technical discussions in the real world. Ultimately, you thrive being part of a small, very talented and motivated group developing the next generation technologies that will change how the world uses WiFi.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Work to understand the business strategy built by the commercialization team, translate the strategy into technical requirements for development stakeholders and drive new product initiatives while managing risk
- Drive requirements for agility, scalability, reliability and performance
- Build and communicate roadmaps, understand agile velocity, contribute to resource planning
- Become the subject matter expert in order to address detailed questions from all stakeholders regarding product specifications and requirements
- Influence decision making across teams through analysis and presentation of data
- Listen, consult, make decisions, and communicate with all stakeholders to meet objectives
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in engineering, computer science or equivalent
- A technical background with 5+years of experience in areas of software development, architecture, and product management
- Familiarity with the product management lifecycle in launching and maintaining products
- Ability to clearly define technical requirements with acceptability criteria
- Experience with B2B and/or B2C solutions involving cloud and mobile
- Experience and drive to build out agile process leveraging tools like JIRA and Confluence
- Excellent communication skills with proven ability to influence and persuade
- A scale-up company mindset: as a small company, we wear multiple hats
BONUS POINTS FOR
- PMP designation
- Experience working with ISPs, IoT, smart home products
- Don’t tick all the boxes? We believe that motivation and growth potential are highly valuable characteristics in a job candidate
WHY COGNITIVE SYSTEMS?
We are always on the look-out for bright, highly motivated and energetic A-players to join our team. We encourage an open and agile environment where creative thinking leads to ground-breaking achievements and innovations. We promote a healthy work-life balance in a flexible work setting. We offer competitive salaries, an excellent extended health care benefits plan, 4 weeks of paid vacation annually, a fitness and wellness credit, and we even provide a free in-office catered lunch daily! Most importantly, we are committed to creating the best, most innovative and impactful technology that people will love.
Founded in 2014, Cognitive Systems Corp., set out on a mission to transform the way the world interacts with and uses wireless signals. Determined to use radio frequency (RF) technology to build a new way to interpret wireless signals, the co-founders drew upon their expertise in silicon design, RF, and cryptography. As a result, WiFi Motion™ was born.
Cognitive Systems is licensing our WiFi Motion Stack for use in mesh routers, voice assistants and IoT devices, enabling these devices to see and interpret motion, provide contextual awareness and user behaviour insights into the home. We are proud to partner and collaborate with the following industry leaders: Qualcomm, Broadcom, ON Semiconductor, Plume, AirTies, and CommScope.
Cognitive Systems Corp. is committed to a fair and inclusive work environment. We are an equal opportunity employer that hires and attracts talent regardless of age, race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, status as a protected veteran or any other legally protected grounds and will not discriminate on these bases. We draw on diversity of thought and experience to reflect the rich array of cultures representing our broad customer base and we seek talent with diversity of life experiences and perspectives from around the world. If you have special accessibility requirements that need to be considered during the recruitment process, please let us know by emailing us at [email protected] and a member of our HR team will get back to you. Information received relating to accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.