Wireless Network Development Engineer, OTIT-Wireless Engineering
OpsTech IT Wireless Reliability Engineering owns delivering software-defined, automated, and incrementally scalable Wireless network infrastructure products that improve the reliability of our wireless services supporting Amazon’s fulfillment centers and transportation sites, worldwide. These wireless solutions are used by hundreds of thousands of associates, relied upon by operators of industry-leading fulfillment and transportation systems, and play a critical role in the delivery of shipments to Amazon retail customers.
The Development Engineer will leverage in-depth knowledge of Wireless networking and operational practices to develop the technical strategy used to maintain one of the largest wireless networks globally. The candidate will collaborate with software and teams, FC infrastructure Operations, and Wireless architecture and RF engineering teams to define, build, and automate the future solutions which will enable faster, scalable management, globally. You will develop the standards, metrics, and validate new solutions required to support our complex ecosystems of robotics, mobile devices, end user equipment, and workstations.
· Master’s Degree in a technology-related field, or 5+ years practical relevant experience in large-scale Wireless networking operations and engineering.
· Excellent knowledge of wireless networking technologies (802.11 & RF)
· Deep understanding of IP network fundamentals and packet capture analysis.
· Excellent analytical skills
· Comfortable working in a UNIX/Linux environment
· Software development experience is highly desired.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Availability to support follow-the-sun shifts and on-call, including weekends/Public holidays.
· Experience designing high-density AP and client deployments
· Expert knowledge of IP networking technologies and concepts, including routing and switching
· Expert knowledge of Cisco/Mist solutions in large scale global deployments
· Mastery automating in Python , Perl, or other languages.
· Basic knowledge of AutoCAD, Air magnet or other site survey software.
· CCIE, CWNE, or equivalent certifications.
· Knowledge of Agile/SCRUM methodologies
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy_page) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.